Nesting

While I scrimp and save and dream about my printing press, whose due date is somewhere in the vicinity of October, I have begun preparing a cozy space for it in my living room: a narrow, just-the-right-size area between the tall bookcase and the kitchen doorway. Today, I picked up a letterpress print that I got professionally framed (as both the occasion and the gorgeous print, I felt, called for this little indulgence). 

My "Rules of the Press" art (handset and handprinted by the lovely Jen Malat and Marian Robbins in the Print Shop of the Rose O'Neill Literary House in 2008) is now hung on the wall directly over where the press will be. 

Jen and Marian's Rules of the Press

1. Don't die.

2. Don't lose any limbs. Addendum: Avoid paper cutter.

3. Wheel before ink.

4. Shift, don't reach.

5. Have fun!


It's all very good advice, really. Also there are cowboys and horses. What's not to love, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019