On fallow times and a fruitful fall


Happy fall, poetry people! I am currently a couple months into a post-book writing dry spell. I'm trying to be patient and ride it out, but it's hard not to be frustrated at going so long without writing any new poems. Fortunately, there are a few things coming up this fall that I'm excited about and are keeping me going:

  • Two of my Alien poems will be in the Fall 2017 issue of The Account: A Journal of Poetry, Prose, & Thought! My poems "What's the story, Mother?" and "You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you?" will be published in November, along with an account describing the ideas that went into the writing of these poems.
  • My three poems "Trespass," "Trade," and "Tremble" will be published in a new anthology of "fanged and fierce women and girls" from Porkbelly Press called bramble&thorn. The anthology is currently in the final proofing stages and will be released this fall. 
  • My second chapbook Blackbird Whitetail Redhand is now in the layout stages at Porkbelly Press. I'm so excited to see a cover design sometime soon. It's already available for pre-order too!

While I look forward to each of these wonderful things, I'm keeping very busy sending out my full-length poetry manuscript Catechesis to book contests and small press open reading periods, as well as sifting through submissions for Cherry Tree's fourth issue. Cherry Tree closes for submissions in just a few more hours, and then we'll be making final decisions on pieces to include in the issue, sending out responses, and diving right into issue layout and production. 

I'm still hoping that a poem or two will come soon. But I'll settle for some cool fall weather, if that's what I can get. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019