Snug as a bug in a rug

This weekend's crafty project was to make a cozy cover for my beloved typewriter. You might be surprised to discover that fashionable typewriter covers aren't easy to find for sale and the ones I have found are mostly opaque white plastic. Yuck. Anyway, it's more fun to make things yourself sometimes.

My friend Emma, web-searcher extraordinaire, found an example online of what I was aiming to make. This gave me a bit more confidence, especially seeing as how I didn't have a pattern to use and I had never attempted any three-dimensional sewing project before. So after shopping for fun fabrics--a medium blue denim and a pretty illustrated patterned cotton--I set straight to work: measuring up my typewriter and cutting corresponding sections of fabric. I'm quite happy with the end product. But now I think my typewriter is deserving of a name. Any ideas?

Comments

  1. Is it a boy typewriter, a girl typewriter or a typewriter which defies such classification and is in need of a truly unique name?

    Perhaps you could name it after Percy Smock who, apparently was quite the typewriter aficionado?

    http://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/tw-resources.html

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dratted missing comma!

    "...Percy Smock who, apparently, was quite..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks for the suggestion, Annie :)

    I think my typewriter is female and, therefore, I have decided to call her Hildegard after a sassy medieval saint, known to have said: "Woman may be made from man, but no man can be made without a woman." She was also a composer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019