Conference-bound

Tomorrow I will be heading to my first-ever poetry conference: the 2013 West Chester University Poetry Conference. It has also been known as the West Chester Conference on Form and Narrative in Poetry, because of its specific focus on formalism. 

I will admit that I am definitely a bit nervous about the craft workshops. They will be such a mix of ages and experience-level (and it has been at least five years since I've been in a workshop setting). I have registered for poet David Yezzi's workshop on "The Lyric."

But I am also very excited to be entering this new phase of the poetry-life. A lot of networking tends to happens at this Conference, and of course there will readings and events to attend for pleasure when we are not sweating it out in our workshops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019