On still lifes and still writing

Since my last post (in March! What?!), I've been entirely sucked into my (fantastic but busybusybusy) day job at the Rose O'Neill Literary House. It's been a productive few months professionally, but my writing has stagnated in the meantime. I intend to turn that around again soon, making sure the entire summer doesn't pass before I've written at least 2-3 more Alien poems. 


In news: after months of editing and proofing, we finally received the first printed copies of the Literary House Press's next poetry anthology, Still Life with Poem! It's just as beautiful as I hoped it would be. This is the second volume I've co-edited with my great friend and colleague Jehanne Dubrow. Sadly, this is going to be the last, at least for now. Jehanne recently accepted an exciting new position that she is looking forward to beginning before the end of the summer. As heartbroken as I am for myself and for the Lit House, I am thrilled for her. I can honestly say that these last four years working alongside her have been the best of my life; and I am a better person, poet, and professional for having known her.

As for Still Life with Poem, the book is scheduled for official release on October 18, 2016, when we'll be celebrating with a launch party at the Lit House. But contributor copies and review copies will be in the mail within the next couple of weeks. If you are interested in receiving a review copy, e-mail me at llusby2@washcoll.edu to request one.


In further news: poetry writing has been on hold lately, but three poems that have been waiting for a home since February were recently taken by the gorgeous Faerie Magazine, an aesthetically exquisite glossy mag based out of Baltimore. "Girl with Cloven Feet," "Trade," "Trigger"pieces from a five-poem sequencewill be appearing in the Autumn 2016 issue. I can't wait to see my poems alongside all of that magical photography. Their upcoming Summer 2016 issue includes homages to Prince and David Bowie's Goblin King

My goal for the rest of the summer (which hasn't technically begun, but already seems to be swinging) is to focus exclusively on completing this new series of poems about Alien, and possibly creating some collages to pair with them. But that will be my reward to myself when I finish the sequence. I'm currently two poems deep, with probably four more to go (because I'm a fool for symmetry). All of the movie-line-poem-titles are picked out and ready. All I'm waiting on now is me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019