Mark your calendars

When: First Friday, December 7th from 5-8PM 
Where: Evergrain Bread Co. in Chestertown, Maryland 
What: Chestertown's first ever Type-In and Letter-Writing Social
Who: YOU!


Brought to you by Thread Lock Press and Scribbling Glue.  This is something that my friend Annie and I have been wanting to do for a while; and we both decided about a week ago that now is the time to do it! We gave ourselves plenty of time to get machines and materials ready for this. And we've already begun putting these materials physically together because we are JUST SO EXCITED about it. The next few months will involve cleaning up my typewriters a bit (I have three right now, and a fourth on the way!), fitting them up with some new ink ribbons, etc. 

And because my typewriters truly have personalities of their own (you've met Hildegard and Hermione, right? There's also Hannelore, still to be introduced here), Annie had the wonderful idea to make typewriter trading cards! I am having so much fun with that (truly, you have no idea how much fun this is for me). It involved:

  • a typewriter photo shoot (in the rain, because I needed the natural light and was too impatient to wait for another, dryer day)
  • delving into the history of my specific machine models for "Stats" (in which I've also included an "Advantage" or special skill/power category for each that reveals the reasons for the name I chose for them)
  • and finding vintage advertisements for these models (or as close as I could get to the exact model).




I will also be letterpress printing some pretty stationery for letter-writers to type away on; and my typewriter cozies will be on display. Annie has some great papery ephemera up her sleeves as well: A letter-writing zine! A calendar of obscure letter-writing and typewriter-related holidays! And much more to come. 

Are you excited, yet?

Comments

  1. Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there. Be sure to post some pics of the typewriters that are in attendance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019