Highlights of the Year 2013:
- I had poems accepted for publication in 5 literary magazines this year: decomP, wicked alice, Midway Journal, The Lumberyard, and — drumroll please — Fairy Tale Review!!!
- My chapbook manuscript Imago was accepted for publication by dancing girl press! It will be released in early 2014 (perhaps in time for my first-ever AWP Conference in Seattle — fingers crossed).
- I took my first real vacation in several years and it was full of letterpress and book arts goodness against a gorgeous mountain backdrop. In August, I traveled with my best poet-printer friend Emma to the Appalachian oasis that is Asheville, North Carolina.
- There was quite a bit of letterpress-printing fun back home as well.
- I attended my first poetry conference in June and made some fabulous new poetry-friends. I'll be back at the West Chester University Poetry Conference again next year as well.
- Annie and I held our second type-in and letter-writing social at the 2013 Chestertown Book Festival, though it couldn't beat the success of the first one.
- And even after a full year, I am still in love with my job at the Rose O'Neill Literary House.
Oh, to be relatively young and in poetry.