On forests and fairytales


This week, my contributor's copy of Porkbelly Press's new limited-edition anthology Bramble & Thorn arrived at my door. I have three fairytale-girl poems in this collection alongside twenty-one other fantastic poets, including Sally Rosen Kindred, Phoebe Reeves, Sonja Johanson, Rebecca Macijeski, Sarah Ann Winn, Donna Vorreyer, Jenn Givhan, and E. Kristin Anderson. This is such a beautiful little hand-bound book full of poems about fierce and dangerous fairytale women and girls in their dark forest landscape. The lush cover art is from photographer Olivia Rose Edvalson. It's also available now for pre-order

I've always been a poet with a fairytale aesthetic and I've gradually been finding and connecting with more and more fellow faerie-poets. Finding a home among these poets and fairytale-minded publications like Fairy Tale Review, Faerie Magazine, and the anthologies and chapbooks at Porkbelly Press feels like I'm right where I'm supposed to be. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019