On not getting too carried away

When life throws a whole lot of good fortune her way, a girl's got to be able to count on her friends to knock her back down a peg. Concerned about all the good poetry news I'd received in the first few weeks of January, my Gorey-esque artist-friendStu Cawley of Moosadillo Designtook it upon himself to return good, sensible balance to the universe. After getting lost in the bowels of the US Postal Service for almost a month, I finally received yesterday the well-deserved rejection letter for a poem I had not submittedor even written (yet). 


Lucky for me, my sarcastic friends will always be there to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground and my head the proper size. (Thanks for the free mail art, Stu!) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gone Paper-pickin'

"Imago" on Hannibal season finale

On the end of a year & a decade: 2019